As we prepare to finish this challenging school year, we would like to communicate several important pieces of information:
- Graduation Parade Begins at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday! Please support our amazing graduates by lining Central Avenue and Railroad (Hwy 145) to congratulate their completion of preschool and high school. Our local first responders will lead the parade.
- Our Drive-In Graduation plans were revoked by the State Health Department. We are now videoing every graduate individually and will do a virtual showing of the graduation on Thursday evening at 7:30. Information will be available online if you wish to watch the ceremony.
- Thursday, May 14 is the last day of remote instruction. The following week will be used for student and teacher checkout.
- Elementary Procedure:The technology director will be turning off the elementary’s access for the Chromebooks and they will no longer work after May 19th. Due to continued restrictions we are not allowed to have more than 10 people in the school at one time. So, we have scheduled a staggered curbside drop off for Chromebooks, library books, etc. and for families to collect students’ personal items for Thursday, May 21st. We will run two lines in front of the school. When you pull up, there will be a staff member wearing a mask and gloves with a clipboard that will come up to the door. They will take any items that you are returning and mark which student is returning the items. If your child still has personal items at school, we will have you pull forward and a staff member will run down to the classroom to retrieve those items and deliver them to your car.Schedule:
8:00-9:00- Last Names A-D
9:00-10:00- Last Names E-J
10:00-11:00- Last Names K-M
11:00-12:00- Last Names N-R
1:00-2:00- Last Names S-T
2:00-3:00- Last Names U-Z
3:00-4:00 Any that could not make it during their scheduled time.
On Wednesday, May 20th we will have a drive-through continuation ceremony for 5th and 6th grade students who will be entering secondary next year. An invitation was emailed to those parents. We know they have a bright future ahead of them and we wish them well.
- Secondary Procedure:
The technology director will be turning off the secondary’s access for the Chromebooks and they will no longer work after May 21.
We are requesting that students and parents drop off all school materials on Monday and Tuesday, May 18 and 19. There will be a drop off station clearly marked in front of the secondary school. Please be prepared with your student’s Chromebook, textbooks, library books, instruments, uniforms and anything else that is property of the school.
We ask that no one gets out of their vehicles. We will have staff outside from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. for drop off. There will also be a system that we will use to document all materials coming back to the school. We will also distribute awards and other recognitions of your students during this time as well.
On Wednesday, May 20 at 4:00 p.m., we will have a drive through Eighth Grade Promotion. We will send more information to the eighth grade families today. This will be a fun time to celebrate their accomplishments and promotion to high school.
6. Board Meetings: Our school board has a busy week as well. All board meetings are open to the public. Tuesday at 6:00 p.m., the board will convene in a special meeting. You may find the agenda online and you may also view the meeting virtually. The link is available on the homepage of the website. Wednesday, May 13 at 5:00 p.m. the board will convene again for a financial workshop and then their regularly scheduled meeting at 6:00 p.m. The board will meet in person but the public will not be able to attend in person. The link to view the virtual session will be on the school website.