Hi Elementary and Preschool Parents,
We are so relieved that the The Montezuma County Public Health Department verified that all the cases which affected Dolores Elementary, The Teddy Bear Preschool, The Middle School, and High School have been determined to have been false positives. After a second analysis with the most reliable test, all persons were verified to be negative for COVID-19. We are very proud of how quickly and efficiently our teams (including parents) acted in our response to protect those potentially exposed; however, we cannot apologize enough for the inconvenience and disruption this has caused our families and students.
All students in quarantine will be notified of this information as soon as possible and will be welcomed to return to school. If you have concerns or questions please reach out to myself, Ms. Valiena, or our school nurse, Jennifer Gaddis, RN.
Please continue to be vigilant and watch for symptoms in your children daily and remember to adhere to daily symptom checks prior to coming to school. Please call our RN, Ms. Gaddis, with any questions. This symptom checklist includes the following:
- Do you have a fever? You can NOT come to school if you have a temp over 100.
- Do you have a cough?
- Are you having shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Are you experiencing chills?
- Are you experiencing muscle aches?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Are you experiencing a new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you been exposed to someone with COVID or COVID related?
With Much Gratitude,
Dolores Elementary School Principal