The school board of the Dolores School District met on February 11, 2021. Their meeting highlights are as follows:
- The superintendent presented her report including the amazing result of 50 students in the welding program now earning dual credit through our program.
- The district honored one of the bus drivers who is 80 years old and loves serving our students.
- In the finance report, the district fiscal outlook remains good with an expense run rate below 50% with more than half of the year past.
- The board passed the proposed four-day calendar for the 2021-22 school year. The board also asked that a comprehensive plan for employee compensation and parent communication is presented to them in the next meeting. The calendar was passed with a 3-2 vote.
- The board authorized the purchase of a suburban to replace the vehicle that is no longer in service.
- The longevity stipend which is offered to employees with extended service to the district was approved for two employees who are retiring after this year.
- The annual superintendent evaluation began in the last meeting. The board will do work to complete that in March.
For a more comprehensive overview of the meeting highlights, watch for the posting of the minutes at: https://doloresschools.org/board-agenda-minutes/