Everyone Can Benefit from Speaking with the Counselor
By now, you likely have a go-to coping mechanism for when stress, anxiety and problems arise in your life. Hopefully your coping skills are on the healthy side of the spectrum, such as: seeking comfort from the ones you love, getting those endorphins flowing with some exercise, writing in a journal, or meditating. No matter what you do to deal with stress, everyone can use a little extra support in handling life’s challenges – and one way to get it is through talking with the school counselor.
When social distancing, staying at home and remote learning has become the new “norm”, adjusting can pose challenges, increase anxiety and stress. I am here to help!
The Counselor’s Corner: I will provide additional articles, resources and coping strategies; in the meantime please check out the articles above and below.
I am looking forward to checking in with you!
Click here to Submit an Anonymous Safe 2 tell report
Click here to go to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline page
- Local Therapist Referral List
- The Art of Resilience
- Our Little Heroes
- CTC Summer Youth Project_Details
- Summer Youth Project_Permission
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month
- Adapting to and Embracing Change and the New Normal
- AXIS Support Offerings 4/15/2020
- The Power of Music to Reduce Stress
- Self Care
- Coping with Grief and Loss
- Shower Meditation
- If You or Someone you know needs Support
- Boredom Busters
- What I Can Control
- Ideas to Help Reduce Anxiety
- Do you feel like you might be having an anxiety attack?
- Coronavirus Anxiety
- Solution to Save Your Sanity
- Surviving the transition to Remote Learning
- Medicine Horse: R U Aware
Together, we will get through this and we will be stronger than before.
Online Counseling Resources
- Generation Schools COVID-19 Resources Click Here
- From Axis Health: Teacher and Parent Wellness Coaching
- From Axis Health: Parent Q-A What to do When Kids Sense Something is Wrong
- The HUB – https://healthyschoolshub.org/
- Taproot Learning & EmbraceSEL – https://www.camptimber.com/
- Health & Wellness SHPG resources – https://www.cde.state.co.us/
- Colorado Crisis Services: CCS provide free, confidential, professional and immediate support for any mental health, substance use or emotional concern, 24/7/365. Call 1-844-493-TALK (8255) or text TALK to 38255 to speak to a trained professional. https://
coloradocrisisservices.org/# intro5. Crisis Text Line: Crisis Text Line is free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. Text 741741 from anywhere in the US to text with a trained Crisis Counselor. They also have a list of resources on different topics at https://www.crisistextline. org/referrals
- 99 Coping Skills: https://www.yourlifeyourvoice.
- MindUP: Based firmly in neuroscience, MindUP teaches the skills and knowledge children need to regulate their stress and emotion, form positive relationships, and act with kindness and compassion. https://mindup.org/
- American Association of Suicidology: has information available on national statistics, trainings, resources for loss & attempted survivors. https://suicidology.org/
- CASEL – https://casel.org
- ASCD – http://www.ascd.org/Default.
- Center for School Mental Health – http://www.schoolmentalhealth.
- ASHA – American School Health Association – http://www.ashaweb.org